Thursday, September 17, 2009

Perspective

Putting things in Perspective for me......
I have had a busy week, not any busier than normal,
 but it all seemed to overwhelm me today.....
I got on the "Macs" blog to see how they were.....  If you have forgotten that is baby Cora's parents, the ones we grew to know and love while Jaylee was in the hospital in Wichita.   Cora went to be with God three short weeks after she was diagnosed with cancer.  As I read their blog I sat and cried.....  Jess is an amazing woman and mother....  She expresses her feeling so well.  She was saying how this week had been hard on them.  Everything and everyday starts without Cora now and their hearts continue to hurt.  
They had posted a song on the blog called God you Reign.  I listened and of course by the end I was sobbing!  I sat at my desk and thought wow how could I even be down or grouchy about my week and my kids behaviors, when she doesn't have her little girl anymore....  My life seems so simple compared to theirs.    I often wonder why they were put in our path as we both were scared to death in Wichita?  I thank God daily that we are part of their lives and that we have grown to be a part of a wonderful family of close friends, but it still burns deep in my heart about there outcome and ours.  
 WHY, is the question did they have to lose their sweet baby.   I look at Jaylee everyday and know how lucky we are to have her here.   I am fearing this cold season like you wouldn't believe.....  My kids at school think I am a germ control freakkkkkkk.  My heart and stomach turn every time I hear and kid sneeze or cough!   I don't want to EVER go through what we did with Jaylee again!  I know God is watching over us and will keep us safe.....  And I guess I do know why he put the "Macs" in our lives!  
To make sure WE remember exactly what is IMPORTANT and put things in perspective for me DAILY!


No comments:

Post a Comment